Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Add em up!

We are having fun with addition!! I love addition because kids can use so many manipulatives to help them understand.  They get to play and learn! We have been using our unifix cubes to add and decompose numbers.  Of course we love to reach our musical kids with a little music and dancing.  Here are a few of our favorite videos.
I created addition cards for a math center.  Students count the two colors of hearts and create a addition sentence.  I have used this in my guided math groups and next week it will become a Brain Box. :)



Look for this in my Valentine's Day packet on TPT.
 
I made a ten frame on the floor with floor tape. So easy and simple.  It took me two minutes to make.  We have been having students use it to show math problems.  We have been using ourselves to make math problems too.  FUN!! The students love it!
 
Tomorrow is conferences all day!!  Check back later to see what I came up with in my free time!Enjoy!
 

1 comment:

  1. My students loved the Add 'em Up video.

    You have a cute blog. Thanks for commenting on my FB page so I could find you! :)

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete