Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What a FuN Week!!

Well, this week was a little different.  I was asked last Friday after school to fill in for the PRINCIPAL!!  I got my administration endorsement a couple years ago so I was excited for this opportunity.  It was fun to see kids in a different way and visit classrooms. I visited 1st grade writing celebrations and 4th grade plays and helped my Kinders with their turkey snacks! I got to hand out excellence tickets, it always makes my day when I can put a smile on a kids face. :)  But next week my Principal is back in the office and I'm back in my classroom. 
I did make some fun little centers this week.  I finished up my Word Building Centers.  This has 3 different centers in one packet.  The first one I took all the word wall words and created beginning sound cards.  Students write or put a letter tile on the box under the picture.  Here is a sample of the cards.
I also created a Mystery code game.  I made a code of students to follow.  Each letter has a different symbol. The students use the code sheet to decode the words.  I made a code card for all 50 sight words that we teach using the Journey curriculum.  I will be adding this to a word work box.
The students love to be detectives and complete these word cards.  It's a favorite second semester.
Linking Letters---I pinned this last month and had just used cards I have had for years.  I decided to remake them and make them for every unit.  You could also just put magnets on the back of these and students could build words on magnet boards. 
This packet also has letter cards to build the words.  These are the cards that I use for linking words together.  I color coded my units so it put 8 words in each group.  This way its not too overwhelming and students work on the words that are learning at that time.  I always tell them they can go back and do the other colors we have already learned after they finish our color we are working on.  This unit is only $3 on TPT.  And everything is on SALE UNTIL SATURDAY in my TPT store! Click here to link to my TPT store. Word Building Activties-Click here



I also created a new packet to help students review and work on these sight words.  I often make a stamping center for my kids.  But they often get done with this so fast. I created a page where students need to Read, Write, Stamp, and Glue.  Students need to take those extra steps to write the words.  Then they have to find the correct word and glue it in the box.  This is just $1 on TPT.  Click Read-Write-Stamp-Glue to go to my TPT store.

And a FREEBIE for you!!  Next week our words are come and me.  Two words that I didn't have in my sight word packet.  I use Fran Kramer from Kindergarten Crayons-Sight Words to Rock Your Room To packet for our sight work pages. But she didn't have any pages for come or me.  I created my own. 
Here they are for in.  In case you teach these two words. Click on the words to get these pages.

Come  me

Hope you find something you can use in your classroom!  Have a great Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. Cute idea!! I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my blog for more details!! :0)

    Faith
    Kindergarten Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I just found your blog and I LOVE IT! You have such amazing ideas!!! The word work ideas are amazing! I am a new follower (on TPT too!) and added your word work activities to my wishlist for tomorrow!!

    I can't wait to read more!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out http://www.clubkindergarten.com for more info! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Great activities! I have also nominated you for the Liebster Award and I'm your newest follower!

    Konstantina
    The Constant Kindergartener

    ReplyDelete